Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Garage Doors up and running!

Today was one of those really rewarding days in home designing and constructing. The garage doors were installed and I absolutely love them!! What a relief! I agonized so much over the color, style, windows, etc. But I think the end result is exactly what I was going for-doors that don't stand out or draw attention to themselves but instead blend in with the house's style and color. Wood doors would've made a nice statement, if they were in our budget, but these work great. They also let in a lot of light, and operate quietly and smoothly.



While Marty put the door handle and deadbolt on the basement door after work, I sat on a plastic lawn chair reading in the bay window, with the small recessed light overhead giving off just the right amount of light to read by. It was a little chilly, but we brought over 5 space heaters to dry out the place for the floors to be put in, so I just propped my legs up over the heater to stay warm. The house is beginning to feel like a home. I can't describe the excitement I felt as we opened and closed our garage doors with our little remotes, or turned on and off lights. Each day we can see ourselves getting closer and closer to moving in. I've already been looking for a dining set so we can have a bunch of people over for dinner and games.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Hailey said...

I love games! And I love dinner!! I'm so excited!!! :)

McDolan said...

you girls and your games .... WHATEVER!!!!

Hailey said...

Gotta love Merry... she knows how to make you go "huh?" At least she didn't trash talk dinner!! :)

Marty and Jenny said...

Merry can cook dinner, and we'll all play games :)

McDolan said...

Okay - hope you all like vegetarian!!!! I did make a yummy vegan brownie I would be more than happy to share :)

klap said...

My little masa...still cold! I'm still trying to warm up from my time in the Baltics, too!!! I bet there's still some chill left in us from there...

Unknown said...

Oh Merry, don't diss the games. You're going to have to start warming up to them sooner or later, having a nearly 3 year-old son!

Jenny, I can just see you guys opening and closing the garage doors with such excitement. And they look fabulous, by the way. We did well helping her decide, Girls!

Marty and Jenny said...

Yes, you girls did an awesome job of helping me get the garage doors just right. Masa--Yeah, I'm ALWAYS cold. Merry--I agree with Sarah--time to start enjoying games :) Though I'll gladly eat anything vegetarian that you make :)

McDolan said...

I do like Candy Land and Shoots and Ladders... okay I will try to ease into it slowly. I like card games more than bord games like Cranium - which Sarah goes bonkers over :)