Friday, August 15, 2008

It's just a toilet, or is it?

Ok, so who knew choosing a toilet could be sooo complicated. I guess it's probably the most used fixture in the house so I guess it merits careful consideration and deliberation over, but STILL, how is anyone suppose to know what to buy? There's tons of brands in different styles and colors. How does anyone choose? By reading LOT'S of reviews! The toilet you see before your eyes isn't just ANY toilet, it's a Toto. A Toto Jenny? You mean Dorothy's little dog? No, not that Toto. Though it is pretty cute. This one has the G-Max flushing technology, elongated bowl AND Sanagloss. I had never even heard of Sanagloss before, but I'm completely sold on it now. We'll see if it lives up to its rave reviews. It's a super smooth glaze they use to coat the inside of the bowl so basically dirt, mold, or bacteria can't get a foothold, which means they stay cleaner and you spend far less time cleaning, yay! That's what I like, a self cleaning toilet! Well, nearly. I think that's worth an extra 40 bucks.

Besides figuring out the kitchen cabinets this week I've been researching all about toilets, so any of you out there that need a certified expert on the subject, I'm pretty much it :) My employers have 2 Toto's in a different style and say they are the best toilets they've ever owned, they haven't had a single problem with them. I ordered ours in white, though they don't call it white, they call it Cotton. Doesn't that just make you want to sit on it? Do you think I ever thought I'd be the type to get so excited over a toilet? No! Though the silly color name reminds me of all the funny names they give paint colors. Wouldn't it be fun to have the job of naming paint colors? My colors would all be something sweet and delicious since I love anything sweet. Ahhhh...strawberry pie, cream puff, mint ice cream, blueberry milkshake, chocolate mousse, can you picture them? Don't they sound delicious.

Of course we again went over our budget, spending twice as much as we had planned for the toilets, but hopefully we'll save by not ever having to call a plumber, EVER! We'll see. The only thing I have left to decide on are medicine cabinets and the size of our cabinet pulls. Now I just want to get everything we have put in its place so it can start looking like a nearly finished house.

They didn't get any texturing done today :( Maybe they'll be coming in Saturday, or maybe they'll just be back Monday. I hope, I hope, I hope they get done this weekend, I'm getting so excited to see those colors on the wall! Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Toto the amazing, self-cleaning toilet! Ok, I bet you can understand my obsession with cloth diapers now, can't you? Never believed a toilet could be sooo interesting until you became an expert. Can't wait to sit my little tush down on that cotton!

Marty and Jenny said...

LOL, Yes Sarah, I CAN understand your obsession with cloth diapers now :) Now you just need to click your heels 3 times and say, "there's no place like home," and get that little tush back home :) I can't wait to see you!!!

McDolan said...

agreed!