Sunday, August 10, 2008

Busy last couple days


Yesterday was a big day for us. We ordered all of our appliances and our wood stove, as well as bought all the interior paint and new bedding to match.
I can't wait to cook a holiday dinner with the new double oven, then easily clean up afterwards with the new dishwasher (I haven't had one since I left home). Now I'll have no more excuses for not cooking meals, bummer.
We even got an extra freezer since the bottom freezers don't have a lot of space in them. Since we're putting it in the laundry room upstairs we opted for a chest freezer (full of dividers and baskets), so that it could double as a counter for folding laundry on (my boss' idea).
All of the appliances have the European style bar handles so we figured matching them with the same style cabinet pulls would look really good, though I'm not sure if I should get them in brushed nickel to match the other finishes in the house, or stainless steel to match the appliances, I also don't know what size pulls to get. Any suggestions?

I'm so glad to be nearing the end of making decisions! I think the only things left I have to decide on are toilets and medicine cabinets, yay!! The next couple months are going to be really exciting. Its hard for me to believe that the house could be done in just 6-7 weeks! What was going to take 9 months, will have taken less than 6 months to build, it's incredible and from what I've heard pretty rare for a project to finish so far ahead of schedule and not behind. I guess I shouldn't jinx myself since its not over yet :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

McDolan said...

Have fun painting :)

Unknown said...

What fun! That's like doing five years worth of "big shopping" in one day! I bet you're so excited. I can't wait to eat some ice cream and cook some... chicken? Lasagne? Both at the same time!! I'll help you do the dishes! I 've never had a dishwasher, I don't think.

Marty and Jenny said...

Hopefully we can start painting Saturday, or at least by Monday. We just got the paint this weekend since we were already over in Seattle, but they carry the same brand at Island Lumber so if we run out we can just run up town for more. Sarah, what about cookies in the top and Lasagne is the bottom :) I've done more shopping than I'd ever care to do, that's for sure. Though then there's all the decorating and furnishing the house! That will wait until we have money again.

Sarah said...

Brushed nickel won't show the fingerprints or water spots -- that's my vote. I'm for easy cleaning.