Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can you tell a difference?

I know things don't look that different from day to day but I can see the progress and its so exciting. The mud lines on the seams are getting wider, and smoother, the skylights and corners are taking shape. Its really feeling like a house. I even like the striped walls, though I think the great room will have solid colored walls.

I'm going to look at appliances tomorrow so I can make some final decisions before we order the cabinets. I'd hate to get the refrigerator delivered only to find its an inch too tall, so I'm going to try and pick everything out ahead of time. Next week we'll take measurements of the kitchen and order the cabinets. Things are really going to start looking different fast with the addition of paint, flooring, doors, cabinets, trim, and fixtures. Hopefully we'll be able to get everything finished by the end of September.

It was my birthday yesterday and my boss let me off work early so I went over to our house and sat out on the back deck in the sun, reading and taking in all the sights, sounds and smells--falling leaves, tall tall fir trees, light streaming through the alders, birds singing, small planes buzzing overhead, and smelling the freshly stained deck, sheetrock mud, and fresh air outdoors. It was very surreal to think that in a couple months I'd be living in this house permenantly, that it would become our home--the place where we hope to have children, create memories and enjoy lots of good times with family and friends. I'm starting to feel all grown up, imagine that!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ALL GROWN UP!?? NO!!!!!! Say it isn't so. I'm going to have to lend you my copy of "The Little Prince" so you can read it again. Grown ups are weird, Jenny. Let us never become grown ups! ;-)

p.s. I'm getting really really excited to see you add all the fixtures to your house! This is the part I LOVE... Well, I guess I LOVE it all!!

Marty and Jenny said...

cocodogLOL, ok well I'll try not to grow up then. Stay tuned to see it all come together!! I'm pretty excited about this stage too, though the whole thing has been pretty incredible. Though I can't say I'd want to do it again.

Marty and Jenny said...

ignore the coco dog, don't know how that ended up there.

Unknown said...

He he.. that's how I feel about living in a non-English speaking country and opening a café!