Monday, August 25, 2008

Power up!

Today the house really felt like a house. The lights in the great room/kitchen area all work now and it's pretty spectacular the difference a little power makes. Wherever I could I used energy efficient CFL bulbs (the spiral ones), but they can't be used in lights on a dimmer or 3-way switch. They fixed all my toggle switches too, so now I have the rocker switches, ahhh much better. I can't wait to walk into the rest of the rooms and turn on the lights!


BEFORE




AFTER!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hailey said...

WOW! It looks so great with the lights! You guys are so close to being done. You must be so excited!!

Marty and Jenny said...

YES!! I'm a little nervous though about getting all the flooring in by the 15th before the cabinets arrive. We're not contracting the work out which is scary. If Trace was handling it I'd have no worries about things getting finished on time. My brother is doing the hardwood floors but he hasn't placed the order yet and it takes a week to get here :( My sister's boyfriend was going to help with the tiling, but he hasn't called me back. So I'm a little stressed right now. Hopefully everything works out.

Hailey said...

Considering how everything else has worked out... I have a feeling you'll have the flooring done ahead of schedule and end up WAITING for the cabinets to arrive :)

Marty and Jenny said...

I hope you're right Hailey. :)