Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Basement media/rec room

Here is Marty's "den" down in the basement. He's been dreaming about this room for forever. We had the electricians put in surround sound speaker wires in the far area of the basement for the ultimate movie watching experience. We also had them put cable and electricity outlets on the wall for mounting the perfect flat screen TV. Obviously we don't have any of the equipment to make this a real media room yet, but at least its set up for that for the future. More mudding and taping were done today and we should find out on Friday when they'll be done and when we can start painting. Marty played around in fireworks adding colors to the walls. How do you like our "green room"?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope yo have a fantastic day! Love you!

Oh, and I think the green room rocks! I love that shade of green.

Marty and Jenny said...

Thanks Sarah. I had a great day! Manda brought me flowers and balloons to work, then I had a pizza party and cake at lunch with my nanny family, then out to dinner with my mom, Morgan, and Marty (manda had school). Marty made me an Oreo cookie cream pie. Mmmmm. Everyone got me earrings in tourquoise (my favorite color). Then a friend came by with some good spa stuff. oh and my boss came home 1 1/2 hrs early so I went over to the new house and sat on the deck in the sun, reading, and listening to the birds and frogs. It was so peaceful.

McDolan said...

OOPS!!! I completely spaced- Happy 31st belated birthday to you :)
sorry :(

Marty and Jenny said...

No problem Merry, don't worry about it. (Though I was surprised that I didn't hear from you since I think you've remembered my birthday every year since I can't remember when :o)

Hailey said...

I missed your birthday too :( But can you remember the last time I remembered?? Didn't think so ;) I'm bad about that. Hope it was SUPER-DUPER happy though! Sounds like it was.