Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wood arrived, & grouting is done!




The day I've long been waiting for came today. Our flooring arrived! It's really beautiful. I can't wait to see it go in. Marty was worried about having wood floors throughout the house, but seeing and touching it for himself he's glad we made the decision.


Today Manda came over and helped us finish up the grouting, so now everything is done, Yay! (well the wall behind the tub, under the window, couldn't be done until the window trim goes up), but EVERYTHING else is up and grouted. I couldn't be happier. My body is killing me. I don't know if the grout is ever going to come off my skin. We've been staying up 'till nearly midnight, or some nights even later trying to get it done. I never want to tile anything ever again!! :o) Ok, well I better get to sleep, I just wanted to update you all on the day's acomplishments.









Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are MACHINES! I can't believe you've already finished. It looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the wood go in. It's gorgeous!

Marty and Jenny said...

Thanks! I feel like a worn down broken machine now though :)

Hailey said...

That is such a cute pic of Manda! Congrats on being done with the tiles for the most part. Can't wait to see how the floors look :)

McDolan said...

NIce job... make sure to remember the grout and tile sealer... I don't think after all this you will want to scrub the tub surround because the mildew.

Marty and Jenny said...

I liked the pic of Manda too. I'd still be scrubing tiles if she hadn't come to help last night. TodayI sealed the floors that were finished 48 hrs ago, tomorrow I'll seal the rest. I really DON'T want to scrub mildew!