Saturday, September 20, 2008

Granite is finished at 11:10 pm!!

After 11 hours, they finally finished everything just after 11 pm. I spent about 10 hours at the house while they were working. I stayed busy with furniture planning and reading by a heater on a lawn chair in our "guest bedroom." I got the 2 guys some dinner, and they were very grateful. I don't think they thought it would take as long as it did. The only thing I don't like is that one of the pieces of countertop is slightly darker than the rest. I guess that's the beauty of granite, its uniqueness from slab to slab. Marty said it probably won't bug me as much once there's something else to look at on the countertops. I hope so. Or I'll just have to learn to live with imprefection! Urgh! :o) After they finished I just couldn't stop smiling. We even have a 7' long extra piece to put in the laundry room. We're going to get some cabinets to put under either end, and I'm going to use the space for sewing, folding laundry, messy projects, crafts, etc. The extra counterspace will take the place of the chest freezer, but we have plenty of room in the garage for the freezer. It was an unexpected, but very pleasant surprise. Well it's late and I'm exhausted, but I knew my "fans" would want to see the new countertops so I had to post them as soon as I got home.


Me with a gigantic smile. I'm even color coordinated with the kitchen! Can you tell I love the color green?
I can't wait to get some bar stools for the island!!
See Merry--counterops are flush with the cabinets :o) It was all just an optical illusion.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks AMAZING!!!!!! And don't worry. I think you will grow to love the darker piece. It will give your house even more character.

Love,
Your biggest fan ;-)

McDolan said...

They look great!!! Better in person though I am sure. And I would agree with Marty about not noticing it as much once you have stuff all over your counters!!!
Sarah by the way... I am the Very Biggest FAN :) haha!!!

Marty and Jenny said...

Thanks girls, that's just what I needed to hear!!! Love you!!