Saturday, September 20, 2008

We can never just window shop!!!

Last time we went window shopping to look for a dining set, we ended up buying one, and getting a heck of a deal....

Today we went to look at some furniture that would match our sofa and after finding a lot of uncomfortable, expensive, or just not the right style furniture, we ended up at Macy's since that's where I had bought our sofa 4 years ago. They were having some great sales, and we ended up buying a loveseat, 2 chairs and ottoman. They are made by the same manufacturer as our couch, have the rounded arms like ours, but different feet, which is no big deal. Adds character, right Sarah? :o) We are having them made out of the same color microfiber as our couch and they should arrive in the warehouse in 4-6 weeks!! I just can't believe we're getting so close to moving in. Picking out furniture makes it feel really real!!! I can hardly wait!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure hope the outgassing will be to a minimum ;-)

They are lovely! I can't wait to see more pictures. What are they going to be doing next week on the house?

I can hardly wait till the next episode of the Marty and Jenny show!

(and you know that I'm REALLy your VERY VERY BIGGEST fan, right?! ;-))

Marty and Jenny said...

Does fabric furniture outgas?
I hope they will hook up our plumbing fixtures this week--like our toilets!! Morgan should be done with all the floors this week, and maybe they'll even be able to start on trim. Oh and on Tues we'll have appliances!! yay!!
You'll definately have to fight Merry for biggest fan :o) I love ALL my fans :o)

McDolan said...

I know a website to buy inexpensive legs... I switched our couches out to the ones similar to your new couch and they were 4 dollars a piece plus shipping (and it is super easy to change out) Also beware that the fabrics will be slightly different because of dye-lots and 4 years of time passing.. but I am sure that is fine... :)

McDolan said...

there goes the extra $$$ :)

Hailey said...

I won't compete for the biggest fan title, but you know I'm a big one, right Jenny?? The counter tops look beautiful. Where's the darker slab?? Our livingroom furniture is from Macys too - you wouldn't think you'd find the best deals there, but man, did we ever. Congratulations on everything coming together. Maybe Merry and I should come over together one day...

McDolan said...

We can let Sarah think she is the biggest fan only because she is 8 hours ahead of us, so when she is checking out your blog- I am sleeping!!!!! Sarah for your information I gave Jenny a hard time about not updating her blog fast enough (at the beginning) :) hehehe

Marty and Jenny said...

The darker slab is the one where the sink is cut out of. Macy's does have some great deals, especially for such high quality and comfortable furniture!! You and Merry should totally come over some time!! Just let me know when.