Saturday, September 13, 2008

Making progress on the floors


Morgan and Gabe were able to lay more of the flooring today. It's really feeling like a real house now. I love it!!

We also picked up our vanities and water heater today over in Seattle, and cleaned up around the house taking a full load of cardboard to be recycled and another load of trash to the dump. We had a lot of extra tile backerboard that needed to be returned to Island Lumber, and since we were borrowing a big truck from some friends, we decided to return the 7-- 4'x8' sheets of backerboard. They were heavy, and itchy! The paper covering them is like insulation. My arms were all red and blotchy after carrying them. I can't wait to rest tomorrow!!! I can't wait to be done with the house!!! We're getting closer!! By next weekend we'll have cabinets and countertops in, that will be really awesome. I can't wait!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD! Look at your HOUSE! It's so gorgeous! The wood looks amazing, and I love the vanities. You have done such a wonderful job designing and finishing it. I know I've said it a million times, but I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT! I also am excited for you to rest - for the next year at least! ;-)

McDolan said...

Don't you mean a home... well I guess that is when you move in and all your belongings...

Looking good - can't wait o see it again!

Marty and Jenny said...

Thanks ladies, I can't wait for you two to see it either. We are getting very anxious to be living in our home/house. Yeah, I think people make it a home :o)
PS Am I the only one who gets the word verification wrong? Seems like they're always asking me to do it agin.

McDolan said...

the word verifications I think are getting harder... I have the problem periodically and I think my vision is going bad trying to decipher them.