Saturday, September 6, 2008

Floor tiles are down!

My friend Kirsten came over today and helped me tile the laundry room. I was on my own for the 2 bathrooms. Marty helped some, but said I was better at it, so he acted as my assistant--making cuts, getting dinner, and handing me trowels full of "mud." My palms are covered in blisters, and my knees and back are killing me, but at least all the floors and the top area around the tub are all done. It was a long 12 hours of tiling. All we have left to do is grout and finish the tub tiling (which is much easier than the big floor tiles!) We're still waiting on the subfloors to dry out, and since tiling adds even more moisture to the air, I'm a little worried. We have until a week from Monday before the cabinets come, when at least the kitchen flooring needs to be down. Hopefully we won't have to push things back. Take care everyone! I'm getting very excited to have you all over.

Kirsten and I in the laundry room


Hearth and hall Bath

Master bath

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW WOW and WOW again! You are such a hardworker. It all looks fabulous. What kind of tiles did you use? And, hey, send me an email when you can. I want to know what's going on in aspects of your life ;-)

McDolan said...

uh hum... my birthday?!
you forgot!

Marty and Jenny said...

I'm so sorry Merry!! Happy Belated Birthday. I totally forgot! Now we're even, right? :o) Hope it was great!

Aunt Sarah said...

House looks nice. Lots of places for our new puppy to pee. LUL,Aunt Sarah and Molly