Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Appliances arrive

All of our appliances arrived, though they were only able to actually install the refrigerator. I had to leave before they got it in. They couldn't get it up our front stairs, basement stairs, or very easily around the side of the house. Finally we had Trace bring over some plywood that they were able to lay on the soggy ground and then pull it up around the side of the house. What a feat! Marty said it looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it. We still have to wait for the electricians/plumbers to do their stuff before we can hook up the W/D, stove, hood, microwave & dishwasher :o( But they should be in by the end of next week. Our doors also arrived today and they'll be going up next week as well. We're debating about painting them before they go up. I'm getting so tired, I just want everything to be done. Morgan will be back tomorrow to hopefully finish off the living room floors. If so I'll take more picts tomorrow.



Since the granite guys left us an extra piece of granite because of a scratch in ours, we decided to add some granite countertops to the laundry room and move our freezer to the garage. Marty picked up these cabinets from Home depot, we had an extra piece of plywood left over from the kitchen that just needs a foot cut off, and wa-la we've got a great place for folding laundry, sewing, doing crafts, or just escaping to take in the view out the window. :o) Once the W/D gets put in place, we'll also have more room. I can see Coco having her bed under the counter there, as her favorite place is under our desk at our feet. We'll probably just keep her in the laundry room while we're at work until we get the invisible fence installed. I go by the house enough times during the day, that she'll get plenty of potty breaks. Right now, all she does is sleep all day. Maybe I can get her to at least do the laundry while we're at work :o)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hailey said...

If you want... I can bring Steve over. He does laundry all the time. Well, he dirties it anyway... that's what you meant, right?? :)
The appliances look fabulous! I think we have the same dishwasher in our office kitchen at work. It's SUPER quiet. Can't tell you how many times I've opened it mid-wash.

Unknown said...

Nice appliances! I can't believe they had such a hard time getting everything up your stairs. We'd be in such big trouble living on the 4th floor!!!

Marty and Jenny said...

Hailey--My bosses have the same dishwasher, and it is SOOO quiet. I've also opened it up midwash. Don't know if I need any more help dirtying laundry. Sarah--they would have such a hard time getting this frig up 4 flights of stairs. Its the whole--can't fit a square peg in a round hole. Somethings just don't work. But everything's in, now I'm just worried about the rest of the furniture :o(

Megan said...

When we got our french door fridge it wouldn't fit through any of our doors (Front or back) either, but just barely. Scott had to remove the handles on the front in order to squeeze it through the sliding door. Must be a common problem.