Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kitchen cabinets are going in!


Today was another one of those really big days for us. The cabinets started going in, and I couldn't be happier with them. I absolutely love them! They are a great contrast to the floors, look great with all the white light fixtures and windows, and will look even better once the white trim goes up. They've got the slow close mechanism that I love, and have beautiful maple drawers. The granite installers come Friday to put in the countertops. I can't hardly believe that in a week we'll even have appliances.


That large opening is for the refrigerator. I love how it will look built in.


This Lazy susan is different from other's Ive seen, in that the door of the lazy susan retracts into the cabinet as the shelves spin around, and when it gets back to the start it slowly goes back into place. Don't know if that makes sense, you will all have to just come and see it for yourself.


Marty "tiled" the basement bath last night. It's not really tile, but heavy duty vinyl flooring that just looks like tile. SO MUCH EASIER TO INSTALL!!


Morgan takes a break from finishing the living room while the cabinets are going in and starts work on the back bedroom.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

anonymous jones said...

Nice!

McDolan said...

WOW OH WOW... everything looks amazing, I am getting sad though that you are getting to the end because I just thought now who's blog can I check on daily to see the progress, it will be a sad and joyous day all at the same!!!
Can't wait to see it in person!

Hailey said...

I LOVE the white cabinetry! Can I copy you when we remodel our kitchen eventually?? Where did you order them from? Love it :)

Unknown said...

I feel like this is happening to me! I'm so so excited!!! I can't believe that you are getting so close to the end. The cabinets are so beautiful. I love the opening for the fridge as well.

Marty and Jenny said...

Thanks Chickas. They are Sky Valley cabinets, and we got them from Island Lumber. You can totally copy me Hailey. Do you know how long I spent looking for pictures of white cabinets online, to see if I'd really like them? You'll be able to see mine up close and really be able to make a confident decision. I am SO glad that I went with the white though, I absolutely love them!! I've been pretty good, huh, Merry, posting stuff for you to see. Yeah, don't know what I'll do when its all done either. What in the world will I have to stress about? I'm sure I'll find something! :o)