Saturday, September 27, 2008

Floors are done!!

My brother finished the floors tonight, yay!!! Everything's all set for the trim to go up next week. Then after they get the "skirt boards" (trim along the stairs) done, Morgan can finiah the stairs. Roger, one of Trace's carpenters installed the bedroom doors yesterday, and Marty painted them, along with all the other doors for the house. He painted Thurs. & Fri. night, and most of the day today. He's been incredible!! The paint is oil based which will hold up better in the long run, but it's REALLY stinky, so I was really grateful for his willingness to paint, even though it's not his favorite thing to do.



Like my contraption for painting/drying trim? I thought it was pretty ingenius :o)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you had the windows open for some ventilation, or else you may catch Marty spacing out more than usual! ;-) Oil based paint is foul!

The floors look great, and Marty, you did an amaaaazing job on the doors! You are a family of hard workers!!

Marty and Jenny said...

Yes, all the windows were open, plus we had a fan on, and he was wearing a face mask. I even wore one as I was working in other parts of the house.

Hailey said...

Everything looks so nice Jenny! I can't believe how soon you're gonna be living in your house!! I was like Marty this weekend and helped Mike stain our fence even though I HATE painting. I didn't spend 3 days on it though. And it was outside in the sunshine with no harsh fumes... so really, not like Marty at all. Tell him I'm very impressed :) Looks GREAT!!