Thursday, July 31, 2008

So much brighter!

What a difference even gray walls make, its so much lighter and brighter in the house now that the sheetrock is up. This pic was taken at 5:30pm, and it was overcast and raining outside, and still the house is full of light. Of course I still wish I had made the windows bigger or added transoms over them, but I'm happy with it all the same. Now they'll start the process of taping, mudding, sanding, and then priming. These are pictures of the "Great room" with the living, dining, family room, and kitchen. I'm getting soooo excited to see everything start to come together--all the finishes, fixtures, etc. I'm not a designer so I'm not sure how it's all going to look. Though I'll try with a little help from my friends ;o)


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hailey said...

Oh wow! I'm so glad I saw it when I did because look at the difference 5 days has made? Now I get to be one of the cool ones who can say I've seen your house naked :) hehe.

Unknown said...

I'll only get to see your house fully clothed :-(

So, now, what's a "Great Room"? You have that in addition to the living room? Man, I can't wait to hang out and play games in the "Great Room". Is the "Great Room" for games? I hope so!

Unknown said...

Oh, I think I get it. The "Great Room" is all the big social rooms in one. Awesome! Is it for games too?

Marty and Jenny said...

Yeah, a great room is where you have all the rooms open to eachother--dining, living, etc. AND its TOTALLY for playing games in, eating, laughing, and having fun with friends and family!