Thursday, July 3, 2008

Front steps

I know I haven't posted in a while, I took the camera with me down to Oregon on my vacation to visit with one of my friends from Latvia. She has relatives 30 minutes away from Marty's parent's house, so I stayed with them and spent 4 fun filled days with her. It was her first time to the U.S. and we had a lot of catching up to do, as its been nearly 3 1/2 years since I left Latvia. We did a lot of shopping and I came back with the car FULL of light fixtures, and door hardware for the house (no sales tax :o) I'm back now, so I'll post more. I was so happy to come home and see the front steps done. They look even better up close, and have that wonderful cedar smell! The builders asked if we were painting them, and I said "No way!" They turned out even better than I had hoped. They add so much to the front of the house, not to mention a way in ;o) The electrician came today to do a "walk through" to discuss fixture, outlet, switch, etc. placements. Trace, our contractor said he's never seen a homeowner so organized, and a walk through go so smoothly. Since I had all the fixtures picked out, and have been planning the light and switch placement since before the house was even built, I had things pretty much figured out. I had it all written out on the walls and floor where fixtures would go. Its nice to know that my organizational skills are coming in handy and making people's lives easier. I'll take some more picts this afternoon of the almost finished south side and post again later. --Jenny
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! It looks beautiful! Aren't you glad you spent SO MUCH time planning and organizing in the early months? Things went slow then, but are zipping by now! I'm so happy for you!