Thursday, July 17, 2008

Almost came to a hault!

Some insulation and gutters went up today. We almost were delayed by months and had to cancel finishing the basement, to put in fire sprinklers. Luckily I save emails and had the one from the fire marshal saying that we didn't need them, and was confused why yesterday looking at the same site plan he said we did. THANKFULLY he then remembered what he had said 6 months ago, and said we didn't need them, and could move on with construction (they put a stop order on things until we got the sprinkers in--which can take months to get the permit for them, not to mention having a whole different water system set up than we have). I'm feeling so much better now though. We saved months in delay and probably $10,000! Luckily we only lost a few days of work, and Tuesday after the building inspection they can move on with insulation and then sheetrock!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

McDolan said...

Glad you didn't get the HAULT....really - fire sprinklers ina residence that is not a multi family residence... hummm very interesting...
I would definitely paint the front door :) it also would have been nice if it was a wood door and could have been stained to match your railings.

McDolan said...

so why are the garage doors going to be taupe ? and not white

Unknown said...

HOW SCARY! I bet you just felt your heart drop when they gave you the news. I'm glad you are sooooo organized that you kept that email!!! I don't know about the doors. If you're going to paint it another color, I would make it a very different tone (so it doesn't look like you accidently chose the wrong paint!) I'm sure whatever you do will look nice. Just dont't paint it pink!!!

Unknown said...

OH! I've got it! Put one of your picturs in Photoshop and try different colors!! That will give you an idea!

Marty and Jenny said...

I thought the white would be too stark--too much white, so I thought I'd introduce an accent color with the doors. Now I'm not quite sure. The doors are supposively stainable so I may do that too. You all gave great suggestions,thanks! Yes, I am so relieved that they are no longer requiring sprinklers for us. Most new residences must have them if they are more than a 100' from the road. It is ridiculous.

McDolan said...

I already posted to your new post... and the task of picking a door color out :(