Sunday, October 26, 2008

Still no certificate of occupancy :o(

Ok, so these are pretty boring pictures, but they're all I've got :o) We were able to finish 3/6 closets with organizers, and hopefully will get the rest done this week. We spent a fortune on the materials buying them on the island. Literally double what we would've paid at Lowes. I didn't want to make the trip to Seattle Sat to get the stuff, 'cause I really wanted to get the organizers up (in case we could start moving in this week). However it was a lot of money and I should've just made the trip to town! Oh well. If you couldn't tell I'm a "get it done, want it done, NOW, kind of person" (not much patience).


I'm pretty annoyed because I haven't heard from our contractor since Tues (he left on wed to got to a wedding in Mexico), so I have no idea if he spoke with the inspector, and whether we'll be able to be re-inspected this week. He was suppose to call me back wed, urgh!! We've only got 1/2 the yard seeded because the excavator never came back this week either to level out the dirt piles in the yard, which means we didn't plant grass on that side yet. It is just pure tortue to have this big, beautiful, new, warm home sitting there and no one living in it! On a positive note, the wood stove installers are finally coming on Tuesday to put in the new stove, yay!!! Oh, and we got a call that our furniture is ready at Macy's too, yay!! SO when we do finally get that occupancy we'll have our furniture, and be able to curl up next to a warm fire, plus space in the closets to organize everything! If only the inspector was from Vashon, right gals!

Thanks for all your encouragement and support. I need it. I really appreciate it. It helps me from not going totally nuts to know I have friends who empathize and see things as I do. Love to you all!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shady Bradys said...

Sorry it's taking so long. My brother-in-law and his family were supposed to be in their house by now too but it got pushed back to end of November. As for the organizers, I would've done the same thing! *laugh* But don't forget to factor in the cost of ferry ticket and gas. May not have been as cheap after that! :)

Megan said...

Are those gourds that are smiling at me on the left side of the page??

Marty and Jenny said...

Jamie--yeah I thought of that, but we ended up spending a couple hundred MORE than we couldv'e. Of course when we were picking it all out, I didn't think it would add up to that much, but oh well. Megan, yeah, I think they are :o) Don't you feel special.

Unknown said...

AARGH! I can't believe you still have to wait. I probably would have been one who bought the organizers on the island too... It's so great, though, that when you do move in, you'll have everything set and ready to go. What are you going to do with all that extra time on your hands??!;-)