Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Minor fixes

Here's a couple of the "fixes" they did today--handrail, and arrows highlighting where it says tempered glass.


Cabinet pulls went on today. I love the cabinets even more now. The electricians came and installed the undercabinet lighting, and the door bell as well today. It's killing me that EVERYTHING is all set to move in and we can't.


I know, it's totally ridiculous all the stuff this new guy had a problem with. Marty will be out planting grass this week or weekend. Trace has never had an inspector say you have to have grass. Hopefully the final grading can get done before then, if not we'll just have to re-seed everything again after the final grading. I want to move in too, Hailey :o( Trace will be talking with the inspector tomorrow. We may not be ready for re-inspection until next Tues. :o( Guess that gives me more time to clean & pack :o)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

McDolan said...

Obviously the home inspector does not "know" Vashon and the "standards" it has... I be he would find a lot of new passed houses don't have grass and a lot of houses that have grass don't maintain it, I honestly can't forsee you guys hanging out in the yard with the weather being cold and all.
GOOD LUCK!

Unknown said...

It's just so beautiful. It kills me too that you have to wait! It will make it that much more exciting when you finally can, though!

I'm crossing my fingers for you that tomorrow, this guy will overlook the lack of grass. Merry's right. He needs to understand Vashon a bit better!

Hailey said...

I'm surprised that inspector didn't take issue with you changing the color of your garage doors! What a nerd.

Megan said...

I want to be the first set of fingerprints on your fridge, but I doubt that'll work out. Best wishes on the inspections.