Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Almost able to move in


Here's a picture of one of the finished rooms in the house. Actually, everything on the main floor is finished now except for putting up closet rods/organizers. We're still waiting on the basement flooring to arrive and Marty plans to work on trim in the basement this week. The painter Trace hired to do our living room couldn't believe how quickly we got the trim done. It seemed like it took forever to me. I'm just glad it's done. Oh my what a pain!! All the steps of filling holes, sanding, dusting, vacuming, taping, priming, painting, sanding, dusting, painting again, and then pulling up the 8 rolls of painter's tape. But its over, it's done, and I think it looks pretty fantastic. It makes each room look complete. Now if only we could move in....

Today we had a brand new inspector do our final inpsection. He seemed to find fault with the most ridiculous things--a finished basement (the plans said it would be unfinished--but you don't need a permit to sheetrock and paint a basement so he was totally wrong), not seeing the bolts that attach the deck to the house (which are totally there), no grass (didn't know it had to be planted), and a 2nd handrail on the front steps. Anyway, Trace plans on talking to the guy and taking care of everything, and hopefully on Thursday we'll be able to get the final inspection approved!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hailey said...

I'm soooo annoyed with that inspector! I sure can't wait to move into your house!! I mean... I can't wait for you to move into it ;)

Unknown said...

GRRRR! Well, that's what happens when you get a newbie. Will the same inspector be back on Thursday??? I sure hope not! Good luck with the next round. Seriously, what silliness!

McDolan said...

seriously - not having grass was an issue?
And excuse me since a house gets inspected I would thinkg periodically throughou the process - I think if there were no bolts holding the beam someone would have noticed long before.... just remember i guess that since he is new he is trying to make a "good" impression (with his boss)and be a hard ass

Megan said...

Isn't that picture of the room we painted blue? Did you change your mind? or is that a different room? I'm confused...