Monday, October 13, 2008

baby steps...

So I'm pretty stoked about the tub going in since its been sitting on the back patio for at least 4 months! It's what has motivated me to put in all these long hours on the house. I just think about a warm bath, scented candles, a good book, and I can go on another day sanding, painting, tiling, cleaning, or whatever the task is. Still no hand rails :o( Funny, huh, Hailey how times have changed. But the painter started on our living room trim, and the heating guy came to hook up the heat pump, which supposively was hooked up already but I couldn't get it to heat the house. I thought I was an idiot, not able to get it to work right, turns out the guy that came out before just didn't finish the job, and so HIS boss had to come out and finish it. Hopefully we'll have a warm house soon. It's no fun to work in a cold house. Up until this weekend it hasn't been that cold, but the weather is DEFINATELY changing!!


Here's the hall bath mirror, pretty plain. We pretty much ran out of money by the time we got to this point. It was a major pain to put up. Funny how the expensive mirrors went up so easily, but the cheaper ones take twice as long. We only had to patch a few holes (it was suppose to sit a little higher above the vanity, but because of mis measuring it was moved down to drill new holes :0) I'd like to make a wood frame to match the color of the vanity for this mirror (someday...) since I couldn't find anything that would match within our budget (which was pretty much nothing :o)


Here's the basement bath, again, VERY simple. I'm not 100% thrilled with the mirror, but again NO $$$ left, so this will do the job. This whole bathroom is a bonus to begin with so I'm not going to complain about the mirror. It will be MUCH easier to replace the mirror down the road then it would've been to sheetrock and finish the whole bathroom :o) I can't wait to get the shower curtains and towels to go with all the bathrooms, that will really complete them. I did get hand soap and garbage cans for each bathroom, so that's a start. Though I'm sure for the family I hope to have in the future all these bathrooms, and all this space will make perfect sense, right now it seems a little silly that Marty and I will have 3 bathrooms! That's 2 shower stalls, 2 bath tubs, 4 sinks, & 3 toilets! Sounds like a lot to clean to me!! Hope those Toto's do their job!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Ah... a bath with scented candles and a good book DOES sound nice! That is such a great thing to think about while you're slaving away. I'm sure the first one you take will be very relaxing and rewarding!!!

Marty and Jenny said...

Hailey--I know, I've been tempted to just spend one of these "work" nights in the tub, but up until last night we didn't have heat in the house. Now that the house is a comfortable 70 degrees it will be hard to keep me out of it! :o)