Sunday, June 15, 2008

Eaves painted

When Trace needs something done, he gets it done! It was going to be good if the eaves got painted before the trim and siding went up next week. I didn't think it was a job I could handle (just check out the length of that ladder!) So Trace said he'd see if he could get a painter to do it. The next day, there's a painter, and now the eaves are totally done and ready for the next step--siding! Today Marty and I spent this sunny day out on our deck that's now complete. I was complaining that we don't get enough direct sun in the house, but on the deck its plenty sunny (I even got burnt). My mom suggested that Marty build be a glass house that I could go out and sit in when I needed more sun :o) I've also moved on to thinking about the landscaping plan. Merry was over on the island this weekend and she was telling me how I should put in sod, since its instant lawn. Then she saw the size of the lawn and changed her mind. There is just so much space! I've got some good landscape and gardening books that I'm going to read and see if I can't figure out a plan to have a vegetable garden, a play area for kids, an orchard, fire pit, flower gardens, horse shoe pits, wood storage, and don't forget grass for badmitton and croquet! Its almost as overwhelming as designing a house! Since it was our first really sunny day in a while, I could watch what the sun was doing most of the day to determine the best location for things. We'll tackle projects one at a time as we have the money, but its good to have an overall plan so we can get things like grass in right away, or use landscaping cloth to prevent unwanted weeds from taking over an area. I think I'm going to miss the simpleness of life at our little 350 sq ft cabin with our two small yards to care for! I'm excited to learn how to garden though, and have even been thinking about taking some hordiculture classes. Well I better get going. Stay tuned for this weeks progress! Can you believe they did all this in a month? It just blows me away! --Jenny
Posted by Picasa

No comments: