Saturday, November 8, 2008

Where we started

Our little cabin on Bank Road

Sarah B. thought it would be fun to post some pictures of the cabin, just to show what a small space we lived in to save up to build our house. The cabin had a loft where we slept, a place for our desk (no dining table), a small kitchen with very limited storage, and a small living room with just enough room for our couch and TV stand. Of course we had a bathroom and 1 closet as well. It was about 350 sq ft. It was definately cozy! In the new house, our garage is actually bigger than our whole cabin!
We spent just over 3 years in the cabin, saving for, planning, and designing the new house. We've been in the new house for just over a week but it feels like we've lived here forever. Maybe because I've been seeing it on paper, and imagining it for so long. Whatever the reason, it just feels like home. We love it. My mom and I made dinner together in the new kitchen--ahhh what a joy! We used our china for the first time, and sat down all together at the dining room table. It was so nice. Then mom grabbed her flashlight, and with her dog Dodge at her side, headed back home.

Front door/office area under the loft

Kitchen/Living room

Back porch/yard
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though I'm thrilled to see your new house, I have to admit that I'm going to miss that cabin! I just have so many memories from there! I guess it's time to started creating some new memories in your new house!

I love it that you live next door to your mom. How lucky! What did you make for your first dinner using your china?

Marty and Jenny said...

Sarah--I know, I'm going to miss the memories of the cabin too. We had chicken fettuchini last night and tonight Manda and Mom walked over and had beef stroganoff and berry pie with us. This time we sat at the island though on the stools Marty assembled last night. I love having my family so close and having a place for them to visit and enjoy themselves feels really good. I can't wait for you to come and build memories in our new house.

Hailey said...

I LOVE that Coco managed to get in almost every picture of the cabin. I realize that's an easy thing to do (given the size) but I also love it because it's just so "Steve" of her. Especially with the rawhide bone in her mouth!!