Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Laminate flooring goes in


Coco now has no safe place except for the laundry room where she doesn't slip and slide all over the place when overly excited. Marty and our friend Christian Beck started laying the laminate flooring last night after work, and I think they'll be finished tonight. Of course Coco had to supervise to make sure they were doing it right, because how could I tell? I'm positive it would've taken at least twice as long if Marty and I were doing it by ourselves. Christian helps his dad install wood floors so he's got considerably more experience, plus the right kinds of saws! We'd like to have our house warming party in a couple weeks but wanted to see if we could get this floor finished first. We still have to paint the trim in the basement, but we might be able to get that done before the party too, we'll see.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Coco looks like she's really supervising with authority.

I wish I could make it to your house warming party. Sounds fun! I'm sure it will be a blast and super cozy.

McDolan said...

You should wait till Sarah's home ... Dec 13, or plan to have us all over for din din... looking good - I am sure coc is loving the house :) and now you all won't be livving on top of each other and getting iritated with her :) minus the excitable peeing!

Marty and Jenny said...

Sarah--yes coco is quite the boss. We'll have to have another party once you're home.
Merry--We were thinking about having the party on the 13th, but I didn't want to wait that long since so many people keep asking about the house and wanting to see it. But you guys should come over on Dec 13 for dinner. Like the Christmas party you and I had when we were living at your Grandma's. What do you guys think?

McDolan said...

the 13th is the day Sarah gets home... okay party planner plan something and get it on our radar screens - december fills up quickly!

Unknown said...

Yeah, My December Saturdays are pretty much all booked up already. We have a lot of empty weekdays and Fridays and Sundays though! Just let us know!

That was a super fun Christmas party at Merry's grandma's house with the white elephant and all! But, would our husbands be invited too, or would it be just the girls?

He he! My codeword is: spoosti! Funny!

Hailey said...

Remember how I ruined that white elephant party by bringing that unwanted guest? Oops! Don't worry girls, those days are long gone. December 13th won't work for me though - Sarah is usually pretty tired the day she gets in (and I imagine travelling with a 9 month old will make the trip even more exhausting) so I figured she wouldn't be up for much. My Mom and I are doing our yearly Christmas shopping/hotel stay downtown that night. The 20th is Michael's birthday, and the following Saturday is Sarah's shower... so can we plan on Friday or Sunday or any weekday?

McDolan said...

No weekdays please, aside from friday.... I am exhausted and pickng up a cranky kid then heading to the ferry doesn't sound like fun... my vote is friday or sunday (preferred).

Marty and Jenny said...

How does Friday the 19th sound? White elaphant would be fun too. We could invite husbands too. If they get too bored with all the girl talk, we can send them down to the basement with the x-box :o)