Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ALL MOVED IN!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to keep you all deprived of picts of the house. We didn't take many of the unpacking stage because everything was such a huge mess. We started unpacking Thursday night and moving over the big stuff. Marty's parents came up to help, and we just worked and worked and worked! While everyone else went to bed, I'd be up till 3 am putting things away. We just have a few more boxes of photo albums that will go down in the basement once we have shelving up. We have a place now for everyting, its amazing. I want to wait until we get the basement flooring in before we have the house warming party. Hopefully we can pick up the flooring this weekend. We have the upstairs though and it has plenty of room!
How nice it is to have a place for guests to stay, a great kitchen to cook in, comfortable seating for everyone, a bedroom you can stand up in, a closet for just clothes, a washer and dryer, and room for Coco! I could go on and on, I just love every inch of this house. There are little things I may have done differently, but for the most part everything turned out just the way I had wanted. Its a little surreal though looking at the finished project and being able to remember so clearly what it looked like 7 months ago--all trees and bushes! You're all welcome to stop by anytime. I don't think we'll be leaving the house much, so there's a very good chance you'll catch us at home. Or just give me a call. Hope to welcome you into our new home soon!

Unpacking--what a mess, and view when you walk in the front door

Living room, Coco's corner, and hallway to the bedrooms.

Kitchen--I made my first meal in it last night! I love this kitchen!

Cozy seating by the fire, and a beautiful view of the trees from the dining room


Future nursery, guest bedroom, and master bedroom











5 comments:

Hailey said...

I told you I stalked your blog - you posted this just 5 minutes before I viewed it :) Just a coincidence really... but still makes me seem pretty obsessed, rigth??

I love that your house pics show a sleeping buddy on the couch and a cute puppers on her bed. Does Coco have rubber things on her toes? Genius! Steve has done a number on our hardwood floor.

Thanks for the update!!

Marty and Jenny said...

Hailey--yep I was pretty surprised to see a comment. You crack me up. Yep, there's a babe on the couch and Coco's got blue rubber nail tips (soft paws). I think Jan's coming by on Friday and wants to bring your mom to see the house. You guys will have to stop by next time you're on the island.

McDolan said...

I am coming to Vashon Sat- and my mom wants to see the house too- so you better be HOME :)

Shady Bradys said...

Oh wow!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL! I really love all the gorgeous windows and the fabulous hardwood floors! It looks like a dream come true! Congrats!

Unknown said...

WOW! It looks fantastic! You must be in heaven. I am looking forward to seeing it when I'm home in... a little over a month!