Sunday, August 30, 2009

Harvesting

While I've been waiting for little ninja's arrival, I've been busy canning. Here's what I got done last week. Recently I did another dozen jars of applesauce, apple pie filling, more raspberry jam, and crushed tomatoes. I still have more cucumbers to pickle as well. It's exhausting work, but a lot of fun too.


The baby shower was a lot of fun. We played games, ate yummy food with many fresh ingredients from the garden, and opened a lot of presents! It was so nice to see so many friends from the olden days, as well as their moms! How grateful I am for Maranda and her family, as well as the many friends and family of ours that have been so supportive.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is all that fruit from your trees and bushes you just planted??!! That's amazing! I am so jealous! You won't believe it, but we pay 2€ for 14 blackberries. It's highway robbery!! But, definitely worth every penny!;-)

You are most definitely nesting! You are going to be so happy to have all this done so you can just cuddle up with Little Ninja. I can't believe how close it's getting!!! I am so extremely excited for you!!!

McDolan said...

I am SO jealous of your garden and fruit... next summer you are going to teach me how to can :) !!!
I find it so funny when I see blackberries in the grocery store- $3 + for about 20 when you can go anywhere around here and get some freebies :)

Shady Bradys said...

Hahahaha! Mom and Pam are making the exact same face in that last picture! :D

McDolan said...

um also if you are giving away anything I would love some unsweetened apple sauce for baby :) hint hint wink wink!

Claudia said...

I am with Merry on the charging for blackberries. I could make a fortune if I was willing to pick for someone besides me ;) Your shower was great fun and I can't wait to meet your son. These are good times...

Hailey said...

Wow Jenny! I wish I had your energy and drive! I would love to can my own fruit and veggies! Scratch that. I would love to be the type of person who loved to can her own fruit and veggies!

Your shower was tons of fun! Did Maranda ever choose her favorite play-dough baby?