Monday, May 19, 2008

Slab poured!

Last Friday, May 16th Max and his crew poured the slab for our foundation, and footings for the front porch and side deck. Yay!! The slab is super smooth, they did a great job. We went over and watered it this weekend because of the super hot weather to help it cure. Lumber was delivered today so I think they'll be starting the framing tomorrow. We've been told it will only be a few weeks to frame the whole house and put a roof on it! I'm trying to pick house, trim, and roof colors right now. Its pretty nerve racking since the siding comes prepainted from the factory (Its Hardiplank cement siding), so I can't just change my mind once I see the color on the walls. I've ordered some samples of 3 colors, (variations of a greenish blue color), hopefully that will be easier than looking at a 1" square paint chip. Then I have to decide if I want white trim, or grayish beige trim. Anyone have any ideas? Well I hope it all looks good when its done! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe how many decisions you have to make. I would be going crazy!!! I bet it¡s fun too though!