Friday, May 30, 2008

Main floor walls are up

In just a week they have built all the exterior walls upstairs, its hard to believe how quickly things are happening, I'm starting to feel anxious about how its all going to turn out. We finally decided on a mossy green for the siding, but we won't see how it looks on the house until its all delivered and put up since it comes pre-painted from the factory. The Roof will be going up Tuesday. Yay!! And I'm sure all the interior walls will be framed by the end of the week.
Marty and I both feel like the bedrooms are really small, but everybody keeps telling us it won't matter since all you do is sleep in them. If we had waited a few more years we may have had more money to build it bigger, but we really wanted to get in a house of our own now, so we have to be content with what we have. In a society where we're always wanting more, its seems like contentment with what we have is something we really struggle with and have to learn, at least I do! I want to just be thankful and not worry so much about everything being perfect. That's something I'm going to work on. Meanwhile, little Guy who I nanny for, thinks the house is already perfect. He loves to play in the sawdust, walk through the studs in the walls downstairs, collect bent up nails, and play in the huge dirt pile next to the house. He would like me to keep it there, but there is not way! I'll post again when we have a roof! --Jenny
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure it will be perfect. ;-)